Fried Quinoa Recipe
1 ½ cups water 1 cup quinoa
1 pinch salt to taste 2 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
1 ½ tablespoons teriyaki sauce ¾ teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon olive oil, divided ¼ onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced ½ teaspoon minced fresh ginger
2 eggs, beaten 1 Teaspoon of Essie’s Pepper, medium
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan; season with salt. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and let sit for 5 minutes; fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Mix soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and sesame oil together in a bowl until sauce is evenly mixed.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over high heat; saute onion for 2 minutes. Add Essie’s pepper, garlic, and ginger; saute about 2 minutes more. Add the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and quinoa; cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Stir sauce into quinoa mixture; cook and stir until evenly coated, about 2 minutes.
- Make well in the center of the quinoa mixture. Pour eggs into the well; cook and stir until eggs are scrambled and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Serve and Enjoy